Arsenal v Tottenham: your best bets
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
November is a pivotal month for many managers, not least because, according to the match stats team at bettingexpert.com, more league managers are fired in December than in any other month.
There’s already an active market in who will replace Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford, for example – and Spurs’ Mauricio Pochettino is Paddy Power’s 11/2 favourite.
However, such matters are unlikely to concern anyone at Emirates Stadium prior to what promises to be another thrilling north London derby on Sunday.
Both sides are rightly considered to be realistic title contenders – the Gunners are 11/2 (William Hill) to win the league, while Spurs are quoted at an attractive-looking 16/1 by Bwin – and three of the pair’s last four league meetings have ended with honours even, a trend which adds considerable appeal to Coral’s 13/5 odds chalked against the draw.
Harry Kane’s ability to score in this fixture is one trend Tottenham fans will be hoping to see continue. The Englishman, who is racing to be fit for the showdown, has scored in each of the pair’s last three league duels and is offered at 2/1 by 188bet to find the net at any time. Another England international, Theo Walcott, is 21/10 (Betfred) in the same market.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal start as William Hill’s firm 21/20 favourites to register three points, while Spurs go into the game priced as Skybet’s massive 3/1 underdogs.
Considering they are unbeaten this season, those odds appear far too frothy, especially as they have conceded fewer goals than any Premier League side.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
There is every chance that Sunday’s duel will be close and Marathonbet’s 11/4 for Arsenal to win by a single goal offers an alternative for backers preferring to avoid calling the correct score.
In the correct score markets, 888sport post 12/1 against Spurs winning 1-0, but those who expect this fixture’s recent trend to continue may fancy doubling up and also taking the 3/1 offered by Marathonbet against it finishing as a score draw for the fourth time in five contests.
Odds supplied by the customisable odds comparison site, SmartBets.com.
Both teams to score: 4/7, Betway
Both halves to end all square: 5/1, Matchbook.com
Spurs to lead at any time during 90 minutes: 11/10, BetVictor.com