Arsenal victory parade set for Islington after FA Cup win
- Credit: PA
Arsenal’s victorious FA Cup final team will travel through the streets of Islington tomorrow to celebrate the club winning the title for the second year running.
Huge crowds are anticipated for the event which follows the Gunner’s 4-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley this afternoon.
Road closures, parking restrictions and changes to public transport will be enforced in and around the route.
Players will depart from the Emirates Stadium in Drayton Park on an open top bus at 11am, and will travel along Highbury Park, Highbury Grove, St Paul’s Road, and half way round Highbury roundabout into Upper Street.
At midday, the parade will arrive at Islington Town Hall where the players will briefly appear outside before a closed reception inside the Islington Assembly Hall.
The parade will then depart the Town Hall at 1pm and head back towards Emirates where there will be a team appearance on the stadium’s podium.
Viewing will be from the area in front of the Armoury store and adjacent street.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 5 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 8 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 9 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
Celebrations end at 2pm. Road closures will be in place from 9pm, with restrictions lifted by 3pm along the route apart from the area around the stadium, which should be lifted by 5pm.
More information and a map with the full parade route is available to download from here