Arsenal victory parade set for Islington after FA Cup win
- Credit: PA
Arsenal’s victorious FA Cup final team will travel through the streets of Islington tomorrow to celebrate the club winning the title for the second year running.
Huge crowds are anticipated for the event which follows the Gunner’s 4-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley this afternoon.
Road closures, parking restrictions and changes to public transport will be enforced in and around the route.
Players will depart from the Emirates Stadium in Drayton Park on an open top bus at 11am, and will travel along Highbury Park, Highbury Grove, St Paul’s Road, and half way round Highbury roundabout into Upper Street.
At midday, the parade will arrive at Islington Town Hall where the players will briefly appear outside before a closed reception inside the Islington Assembly Hall.
You may also want to watch:
The parade will then depart the Town Hall at 1pm and head back towards Emirates where there will be a team appearance on the stadium’s podium.
Viewing will be from the area in front of the Armoury store and adjacent street.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
Celebrations end at 2pm. Road closures will be in place from 9pm, with restrictions lifted by 3pm along the route apart from the area around the stadium, which should be lifted by 5pm.
More information and a map with the full parade route is available to download from here