Arsenal to visit West Ham in FA Women’s Cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal Women have been handed a trip to West Ham in the fourth round of the FA Women’s Cup.
The Gunners will travel to Rush Green Stadium on Sunday January 26, with the sides having clashed on the opening weekend of the 2019/20 season as Joe Montemurro's side took all three points after goals from Jill Roord and Beth Mead sealed a 2-1 victory.
The last time the sides met at Rush Green Stadium, Arsenal won 4-2 thanks to goals from Leah Williamson, Janni Arnth and a Danielle Van De Donk double.
West Ham, however, reached last season;s FA Cup final before going down 3-0 to Manchester City, who saw Georgia Stanway, Kiera Walsh and Lauren Hemp all score.
Arsenal are record holders in the competition, as they have lifted the prestigious trophy 14 times.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn't to be last year as Montemurro's troops were knocked out in the fifth round after a 3-0 defeat away at Chelsea.
The Australian will be hoping to go a few steps further this campaign, as this year's final will again be held at Wembley on Saturday, May 9.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild