Arsenal to visit West Ham in FA Women’s Cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal Women have been handed a trip to West Ham in the fourth round of the FA Women’s Cup.
The Gunners will travel to Rush Green Stadium on Sunday January 26, with the sides having clashed on the opening weekend of the 2019/20 season as Joe Montemurro's side took all three points after goals from Jill Roord and Beth Mead sealed a 2-1 victory.
The last time the sides met at Rush Green Stadium, Arsenal won 4-2 thanks to goals from Leah Williamson, Janni Arnth and a Danielle Van De Donk double.
West Ham, however, reached last season;s FA Cup final before going down 3-0 to Manchester City, who saw Georgia Stanway, Kiera Walsh and Lauren Hemp all score.
Arsenal are record holders in the competition, as they have lifted the prestigious trophy 14 times.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn't to be last year as Montemurro's troops were knocked out in the fifth round after a 3-0 defeat away at Chelsea.
The Australian will be hoping to go a few steps further this campaign, as this year's final will again be held at Wembley on Saturday, May 9.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets