Arsenal wantaway striker Alexis Sanchez fails to travel to Bournemouth as suitors Manchester United prepare to pounce
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Unsettled Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has not travelled to Bournemouth on Sunday.
The wantaway Chilean striker is being courted by Manchester United who now appear as the frontrunners to land the 29-year-old ahead of Manchester City.
With Pep Guardiola refusing to be drawn into a bidding war with the Old Trafford outfit – despite Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitting it would be ‘beneficial’ to the club Jose Mourinho wants the former Barcelona attacker.
Arsenal value Sanchez at around £35 million yet City are not prepared to go beyond £20m – with United understood to be far more flexible on the amount they would have to pay to sign the player this January.
With the Gunners set to face Eddie Howe’s side at the Vitality Stadium on Sunday lunchtime the side have been boosted by the fact Jack Wilshere has travelled with the squad.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old limped off against Chelsea in the Carbao Cup semi-final first leg on Wednesday evening at Stamford Bridge after blocking a Danny Drinkwater cross, suffering from what Wenger described as a ankle ligament strain.
The North Londoners are sitting in sixth place, five points off fourth place Liverpool with both teams having played 22 matches.
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 6 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
Mesut Ozil is a major doubt with a knee injury but Aaron Ramsey and Sead Kolasanic are both fit again.