Arsenal wantaway striker Alexis Sanchez fails to travel to Bournemouth as suitors Manchester United prepare to pounce
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Unsettled Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has not travelled to Bournemouth on Sunday.
The wantaway Chilean striker is being courted by Manchester United who now appear as the frontrunners to land the 29-year-old ahead of Manchester City.
With Pep Guardiola refusing to be drawn into a bidding war with the Old Trafford outfit – despite Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitting it would be ‘beneficial’ to the club Jose Mourinho wants the former Barcelona attacker.
Arsenal value Sanchez at around £35 million yet City are not prepared to go beyond £20m – with United understood to be far more flexible on the amount they would have to pay to sign the player this January.
With the Gunners set to face Eddie Howe’s side at the Vitality Stadium on Sunday lunchtime the side have been boosted by the fact Jack Wilshere has travelled with the squad.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old limped off against Chelsea in the Carbao Cup semi-final first leg on Wednesday evening at Stamford Bridge after blocking a Danny Drinkwater cross, suffering from what Wenger described as a ankle ligament strain.
The North Londoners are sitting in sixth place, five points off fourth place Liverpool with both teams having played 22 matches.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
Mesut Ozil is a major doubt with a knee injury but Aaron Ramsey and Sead Kolasanic are both fit again.