Arsenal confirm Chelsea Dublin date
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal are set to play Chelsea in Dublin this summer as part of their pre-season plans.
Unai Emery’s side will travel to the Irish capital to take on the Blues at the Aviva Stadium – formerly Lansdowne Road – on Wednesday, August 1 with a kick-off at 8.05pm at the 51,700 capacity stadium.
The club will also play a pre-season friendly in Stockholm on Saturday, August 4 against a team to be announced.
The two games follow the pair of fixtures in Singapore as part of the International Champions Cup.
On Thursday, July 26 Arsenal will play Atletico Madrid with a friendly against Emery’s former club PSG two days later.
Both matches will be staged at the 55,000 capacity National Stadium at the Singapore Sports Hub.
Due to close season developments taking place at Club Level at the Emirates, the Emirates Cup has been shelved this pre-season.
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 10 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
Arsenal v Chelsea, Wednesday, August 1 at Aviva Stadium, Dublin, kick-off 8.05pm.
Tickets for Arsenal Red Members cost £54.25 with concessions with a sale date of Friday. See Arsenal.com for more.