Arsenal Women add Australian international Foord to squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal Women have signed Australian international Caitlin Foord ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup tie at West Ham United.
The 25-year-old has won 77 caps for the Matildas, including four appearances at the 2019World Cup in France.
Foord can operate as a right or left winger or wing-back and as a centre-forward and will wear the number 19 shirt in North London.
Portland traded their rights to Foord with Orlando Pride earlier in January as part of a switch of draft picks, but Arsenal have brought in Foord on a full-time basis from Sydney and Orlando, who she did not feature for.
Foord has been in excellent form during the current W-League season, scoring twice and registering four assists for Sydney.
You may also want to watch:
She was also part of the squad that saw Portland Thorns reach the National Women's Soccer League play-offs at the end of last year.
Foord will join up with her Arsenal team-mates in mid-February, with her being part of the Australia squad tasked with securing Olympic qualification over the next few weeks.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
Manager Joe Montemurro told arsenal.com: "I'm very pleased that Caitlin has joined us. I have watched her growth in the W-League and she is versatile and a great character. We are excited to welcome her when she joins up with the squad."
Arsenal travel to West Ham in the FA Cup on Sunday hoping to put last week's dissapointing defeat against Chelsea behind them which saw the defending champions drop to second in the WSL.