Arsenal Women busy during international break
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Danielle Van De Donk won her 100th Netherlands cap and netted in their 2-0 win over Russia in a Euro 2021 qualifier.
Clubmate Vivienne Miedema scored the second to make it two from two, having also scored in Friday's 4-2 win in Slovenia as the Dutch maintained their 100 per cent record in qualification.
Jill Roord also played the full game and Arsenal's summer signing was a real driving force for the Dutch in midfield, keeping up her impressive run of performances.
Meanwhile, Lia Walti continued to build up match fitness on Tuesday, playing 63 minutes in Switzerland's 2-0 Euro qualifier win over Croatia.
Walti made her return after nine months out with injury in last month's Continental Cup victory over London City.
You may also want to watch:
Katie McCabe grabbed a goal and an assist as the Republic of Ireland ran out 3-2 winners over Ukraine in Dublin as Louise Quinn also played the full game.
Two goals in four minutes from captain McCabe and winger Rianna Jarrett gave the hosts a 2-0 lead inside the opening half an hour.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
The visitors were level by half-time through goals from Liudmyla Shmatko and Olha Ovdiychuk but a Natia Pantsulaia own goal in the 52nd minute handed the Republic victory.
It means Vera Pauw's side remain second in the Group I table, six points behind leaders Germany but with two games in hand.
Goalkeeper Manuela Zinsberger kept another clean sheet as Austria claimed a 1-0 win over Serbia in their Euro qualifier, with the Arsenal stopper making a string of fine saves.
With the Euro 2021 finals being hosted in England, Phil Neville's side do not have to qualify but still played two friendly fixtures over the break.
And Arsenal's Leah Williamson, Beth Mead and Jordan Nobbs all played over the two matches with Brazil and Portugal.
Williamson played the entirety of both games as the Lionesses lost 2-1 to Brazil but best Portugal 1-0.
A real fans' favourite, the versatile Williamson put in two outstanding performances as she seeks to become a regular for her country.
Manager Neville heaped praise on her shoulders after the Brazil game saying: "Leah Williamson played like a number one England centre-back."
Mead was the matchwinning hero in Portugal as she was in the right place at the right time to poke in from a yard out when Portugal keeper Patricia Morais fumbled Alex Greenwood's cross.
Nobbs also made her return on the international scene as she played 25 minutes of Tuesday's win and 58 minutes of Saturday's defeat.
All players have returned to the club as WSL action returns this weekend with a mouthwatering clash at Chelsea.