Arsenal Women: Carter commits with long-term contract
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Danielle Carter has signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal Women, extending her eight-year stay at the club.
Carter became an Arsenal hero after scoring the winner in the 2016 FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.
And the England international has scored six times in three appearances, courtesy of two separate hat-tricks against Estonia.
Pedro Martinez Losa told the club website “Danielle is an incredible asset to our team and has been for many years now.“
Carter added: “I am so happy to have signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal. I love this club and feel I belong here.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to win trophies and be the best that I can be, and I believe that I can do that here as an Arsenal player.
“I’ve committed my future because I want to help this team achieve our goals, and I’m going to do everything that I can to make that a reality.”
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
The 24-year-old striker has won five FA cups, four continental Cups and two Women’s super league titles since 2009.