Arsenal Women: Carter commits with long-term contract
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Danielle Carter has signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal Women, extending her eight-year stay at the club.
Carter became an Arsenal hero after scoring the winner in the 2016 FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.
And the England international has scored six times in three appearances, courtesy of two separate hat-tricks against Estonia.
Pedro Martinez Losa told the club website “Danielle is an incredible asset to our team and has been for many years now.“
Carter added: “I am so happy to have signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal. I love this club and feel I belong here.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to win trophies and be the best that I can be, and I believe that I can do that here as an Arsenal player.
“I’ve committed my future because I want to help this team achieve our goals, and I’m going to do everything that I can to make that a reality.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
The 24-year-old striker has won five FA cups, four continental Cups and two Women’s super league titles since 2009.