Arsenal Women confirm Champions League postponement
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal Women’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain has been confirmed as postponed.
A club statement released on Wednesday said: “Both legs of our UEFA Women’s Champions League tie with Paris Saint-Germain have been postponed.
“In light of the current COVID-19 situation, UEFA have confirmed that all UEFA competitions and matches (including friendlies) for clubs and national teams for both men and women have been put on hold until further notice.
“The rearranged fixture dates will be announced in due course.”
This decision follows the suspension of Barclays FA Women’s Super League and Women’s FA Cup fixtures until April 3.
You may also want to watch:
All tickets purchased will be valid for the rearranged fixtures. Should supporters wish to claim a refund, they can call the Box Office on 020 7619 5000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gunners, appearing in a record 13th quarter-final, were meant to take on the French side at Meadow Park on March 25, while the second leg was due to take place on Wednesday April 1.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing