Arsenal Women to face Fiorentina in Champions League
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
WSL Champions Arsenal Women have been paired with Serie A runners-up Fiorentina on the last 32 of this seasons UEFA Women’s Champions League.
The Gunners are the only British team to have won the competition, in their historic quadruple-winning season of 2007.
Joe Montemurro's side have began their pre-season preparations with a 3-0 loss to Wolfsburg in Austria before going down 5-2 to Barcelona on Wednesday evening.
Arsenal, who were unseeded in the draw, will host the Italians in the first leg, with matches to take place on September, 11/12 with the return fixtures on September 25/26.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Fran Stenson has joined the club on a long-term contract from Manchester City.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old stopper has represented England at U15, U16 and U17 level.
Stenson started her career at Birmingham City and made her professional debut in October 2017 during a 2-1 win over Everton in the FA WSL.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
She will compete with Pauline Peyraud Magnin and fellow summer signing Manuela Zinsberger for the number 1 jersey this season.