Arsenal women’s clash with Brighton to air on TV
- Credit: PA
Arsenal’s Women’s Super League clash away to Brighton and Hove Albion has been moved forward for 12.30 kick-off on Sunday, October 11.
The match will be broadcast live on the BBC Red Button at Crawley Town’s The People’s Pension Stadium.
The Gunners played the Seagulls three times in 2019-20 winning both league fixtures 4-0 but they lost out in the Continetal Cup 4-2 on penalties following a 0-0 draw.
Arsenal beat the Seagulls 4-0 at Meadow Park thanks to goals from Kim Little, Danielle van de Donk, Vivianne Miedema and a first goal competitive goal for Jordan Nobbs after returning from a long injury lay off with an ACL injury.
The Gunners also claimed a comprehensive victory in the away game also by four goals to nil after goals from van de Donk, Jill Roord, Nobbs and Beth Mead as Leah Williamson picked up player of the match after claiming two assists.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal have never lost to Hope Powell’s side in the Women’s Super League but Brighton held Manchester City to a 0-0 draw away from home on Sunday so Joe Montemurro’s side will expect a tough match.
The Gunners next match with Tottenham Hotspur Women will also be broadcast on TV with a 5.15 kick off on BBC Two.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases