Arsenal women’s clash with Brighton to air on TV
- Credit: PA
Arsenal’s Women’s Super League clash away to Brighton and Hove Albion has been moved forward for 12.30 kick-off on Sunday, October 11.
The match will be broadcast live on the BBC Red Button at Crawley Town’s The People’s Pension Stadium.
The Gunners played the Seagulls three times in 2019-20 winning both league fixtures 4-0 but they lost out in the Continetal Cup 4-2 on penalties following a 0-0 draw.
Arsenal beat the Seagulls 4-0 at Meadow Park thanks to goals from Kim Little, Danielle van de Donk, Vivianne Miedema and a first goal competitive goal for Jordan Nobbs after returning from a long injury lay off with an ACL injury.
The Gunners also claimed a comprehensive victory in the away game also by four goals to nil after goals from van de Donk, Jill Roord, Nobbs and Beth Mead as Leah Williamson picked up player of the match after claiming two assists.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal have never lost to Hope Powell’s side in the Women’s Super League but Brighton held Manchester City to a 0-0 draw away from home on Sunday so Joe Montemurro’s side will expect a tough match.
The Gunners next match with Tottenham Hotspur Women will also be broadcast on TV with a 5.15 kick off on BBC Two.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant