Arsenal Women’s FA Cup tie postponed
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal Women’s FA Cup fifth-round clash with Lewes has been postponed due to the weather conditions.
It's the second consecutive weekend that a game at Meadow Park has had to called off due to the effects of Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis.
An Arsenal statement read: "This decision has been taken due to crowd safety issues relating to the current weather conditions and Sunday's forecast.
"The safety of all supporters at Meadow Park is of paramount importance, while we have also taken consideration of the impact of weather conditions on the journey Lewes supporters will be making."
The game will now be played on Sunday February 23 at 1pm at Meadow Park and all tickets will remain valid, while Arsenal's home Women's Super League match against Reading, which had originally been scheduled for that day, will be moved to another date.
You may also want to watch:
The draw for the FA Cup quarter-finals will take place on Monday evening at 8.45pm and be broadcast live on BBC Radio 5 Live.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020