Arsenal Women’s FA Cup tie postponed
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal Women’s FA Cup fifth-round clash with Lewes has been postponed due to the weather conditions.
It's the second consecutive weekend that a game at Meadow Park has had to called off due to the effects of Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis.
An Arsenal statement read: "This decision has been taken due to crowd safety issues relating to the current weather conditions and Sunday's forecast.
"The safety of all supporters at Meadow Park is of paramount importance, while we have also taken consideration of the impact of weather conditions on the journey Lewes supporters will be making."
The game will now be played on Sunday February 23 at 1pm at Meadow Park and all tickets will remain valid, while Arsenal's home Women's Super League match against Reading, which had originally been scheduled for that day, will be moved to another date.
You may also want to watch:
The draw for the FA Cup quarter-finals will take place on Monday evening at 8.45pm and be broadcast live on BBC Radio 5 Live.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator