Arsenal Women surprise ‘Make Dreams Goals’ duo
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal and England players Jordan Nobbs and Leah Williamson shocked two young Gunners fans with a special home visit recently.
The duo dropped in on the unsuspecting pair as part of the SSE Women’s FA Cup campaign – Make Dreams Goals – which encourages children aged seven to 15 to share their dreams.
Fans Hollie, whose bedroom is a shrine to Arsenal, and brother James submitted a dream of one day playing with their favourite Arsenal stars and received a knock at the door after school one day.
Nobbs and Williamson were standing there on the front step to make their dream come true and the Lionesses took part in a very special back garden kickabout with the young footballers, including a very competitive penalty shoot-out and some practice goal celebrations.
Youngsters can still enter by tweeting their dream with hashtag #MakeDreamsGoals to @SSEWomensFACup, by writing it on a postcard and dropping it at Wembley Stadium in postboxes in the Learning Zone or via Wembley Tours, or by posting it to SSE Women’s FA Cup Dream Team, Wembley Stadium, London, SW1P 9EQ.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline to enter is April 20 and winners will be invited to the SSE Women’s FA Cup final at Wembley on May 5.
Kids go free to this year’s final, with adult tickets costing £15.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
Arsenal Women are set to play Everton in one of the semi-finals on April 15.