Arsenal Women to take on Barcelona Femeni in pre-season friendly
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal Women will face Barcelona Femeni in a pre-season friendly at Meadow Park, the club has announced.
The Spanish side will travel to face Joe Montemurro's team on Wednesday, August 14, with kick-off at 7.30pm.
The game will be Arsenal's first pre-season friendly ahead of the 2019/20 Women's Super Leage season, as the Gunners look to defend their title.
It will also be the first opportunity to see new signings Jill Roord, Manuela Zinsberger, Leonie Maier and Jennifer Beattie.
Barcelona broke the record for the largest crowd at a women's game in March 2019, with 60,739 fans in attendance for their clash with Atletico Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
A clash with north London rivals Tottenham will follow on Sunday, August 25 at Meadow Park, with kick-off at 2pm.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington