Arsenal Women to take on Barcelona Femeni in pre-season friendly
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal Women will face Barcelona Femeni in a pre-season friendly at Meadow Park, the club has announced.
The Spanish side will travel to face Joe Montemurro's team on Wednesday, August 14, with kick-off at 7.30pm.
The game will be Arsenal's first pre-season friendly ahead of the 2019/20 Women's Super Leage season, as the Gunners look to defend their title.
It will also be the first opportunity to see new signings Jill Roord, Manuela Zinsberger, Leonie Maier and Jennifer Beattie.
Barcelona broke the record for the largest crowd at a women's game in March 2019, with 60,739 fans in attendance for their clash with Atletico Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
A clash with north London rivals Tottenham will follow on Sunday, August 25 at Meadow Park, with kick-off at 2pm.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 8 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion