Arsenal working calmly on new signings according to boss Emery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has revealed the club are working on bringing new signings to the Emirates after a summer of frustration in the transfer market.
18-year-old Brazilian winger Gabriel Martinelli has been the only arrival in north London so far this summer, with the Gunners continually frustrated in their pursuit of players, most notably Celtic's Kieran Tierney and St Etienne's William Saliba.
But, when asked about new arrivals, Emery revealed the club are working to bring players in, although he was quick to urge he wants to work with 'patience and calm' in the remain few weeks of the window.
"The club is working. We are speaking every day with the club and Edu," he said.
"I prefer to work with patience and calm and take the best decision.
You may also want to watch:
"We have very good players, very young good players. We need someone to help us. The club is working on that.
"We prefer to take the best decision with patience. If we need to wait more time for this reason I prefer to do that."
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25