Arsenal youngster aims to extend his run of goals against Fulham at Emirates Stadium
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Teenager Alex Iwobi is hoping to continue his scoring streak at Emirates Stadium when Arsenal’s Under-21 side face Fulham in their league opener on Friday.
The 19-year-old forward grabbed a hat-trick last time the Under-21s featured at the Emirates in April, helping his side to a 4-1 victory against Stoke.
Since then, Iwobi has also been on target for the Gunners’ first team at their home ground, scoring in the 6-0 rout of Lyon during the Emirates Cup last month.
“It [the Stoke game] was probably one of my first games playing up front for the Under-21s,” said Iwobi.
“When you have [Abou] Diaby assisting you, it makes life a lot easier.
You may also want to watch:
“He made my life a lot easier by giving me chances to score and I took those, so it was good. I’ve proven I can score goals now.
“Playing on the wing, I always used to aim for assists but when I’m playing up front it’s all about the goals. I’ve got a few tricks in my locker as well, so hopefully I add a little bit of flavour to the team.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn joins hundreds in rallying against 'inhumane' refugee bill
- 5 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
- 6 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 How much do you know about Islington?
“It’s great to play on an amazing pitch in front of so many fans – I can’t describe how it feels to walk out and look around at this huge stadium. I’m trying to keep a straight face but inside I’m absolutely buzzing.”
Tickets for the Fulham game, which kicks off at 7pm, are available free to platinum, gold, silver, red and Junior Gunner members until 10am on matchday. Subject to availability, tickets will then go on general sale.
The Gunners are also playing another Under-21 Premier League fixture at the Emirates later this month, against West Ham United on Friday August 28 (7pm).