Arsenal youngster Nkietah bags a brace to help England under-21s cruise to victory
- Credit: PA
Arsenal youngster Eddie Nkietah bagged a brace to help guide England under-21s to an emphatic 5-0 victory over Albania to top their group.
Callum Hudson-Odoi gave England the perfect start, scoring inside five minutes, before young Leicester defender James Justin got England’s second after 26 minutes.
Jamal Musiala, who plays for Bayern Munich, made it 3-0 with a cracking effort before the Gunners starlet scored two second-half goals to give England a comfortable win - despite the 21-year-old also missing a penalty.
The Young Lions finish their Euro 2021 campaign unbeaten and top of Group Three, winning nine and drawing one.
The forward is in a straight fight it seems with Alexandre Lacazette for the number nine position in Mikel Arteta’s XI and did his chances of getting more minutes no harm with yet another big performance on the international scene.
You may also want to watch:
Nkietah is ramping up the pressure on Lacazette for a place in the team.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London