Arsenal youngster Nkietah bags a brace to help England under-21s cruise to victory
- Credit: PA
Arsenal youngster Eddie Nkietah bagged a brace to help guide England under-21s to an emphatic 5-0 victory over Albania to top their group.
Callum Hudson-Odoi gave England the perfect start, scoring inside five minutes, before young Leicester defender James Justin got England’s second after 26 minutes.
Jamal Musiala, who plays for Bayern Munich, made it 3-0 with a cracking effort before the Gunners starlet scored two second-half goals to give England a comfortable win - despite the 21-year-old also missing a penalty.
The Young Lions finish their Euro 2021 campaign unbeaten and top of Group Three, winning nine and drawing one.
The forward is in a straight fight it seems with Alexandre Lacazette for the number nine position in Mikel Arteta’s XI and did his chances of getting more minutes no harm with yet another big performance on the international scene.
You may also want to watch:
Nkietah is ramping up the pressure on Lacazette for a place in the team.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller