Arsenal youngster to star for club and country
Pat Rice backs Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to make a big impact for the Gunners and England
Arsenal assistant manager Pat Rice has backed winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to be a big success for both the Gunners and England.
The 18-year-old netted in the Gunners 2-1 Champions League victory over Olympiakos last night, his first goal since joining from Southampton for �10million in the summer.
“Alex can go inside, he can go outside, he’s got that injection of pace and what he needs now is to be consistent in his play,” said Rice.
“I am sure that is something he will be working on because he’s certainly not a stupid boy.
You may also want to watch:
“He has good people around him and they are telling him all the right things.
“Alex is very friendly with Theo and no doubt he will give him the benefit of his experience as well.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
The player himself was obviously pleased to get his name on the score sheet and after making his Champions League debut is desperate for more opportunities.
“It was a really good experience,” he told Sky Sports.
“It’s a big step up, but I want to play at the top level and I have plenty more time to play in the Champions League.
“It’s my first time in the Champions League and I’m glad we’ve achieved three points.”
Oxlade-Chamberlain will be hopeful he has done enough to secure a spot in the starting line up for this weekend’s North London Derby against rivals Tottenham.