Arsenal youngsters impress on international duty
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s academy youngsters had a fine night on international duty for their respective teams, writes Joshua Bunting.
Daniel Ballard kept Northern Ireland’s hopoes of making the European Under-21 Championships alive with a last-minute winner in Iceland.
The Arsenal teenager netted the only goal of the game, heading in from a corner, to set up a potentially crucial final group game at Windsor Park on Tuesday against Slovakia.
The hosts weren’t without their own threat and almost took the lead on half-time but Ballard cleared off the line, setting the stage for his own late winner.
Reiss Nelson – currently on loan at German side Hoffenheim – scored on his England Under-21 debut as they took Andorra apart 7-0 in Chesterfield.
You may also want to watch:
And Eddie Nketiah and Joe Willock continued their fine run of form as both scored in England Under-20’s 2-1 victory over Italy at AFC Fylde’s Mill Farm stadium.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know