Arsenal youngsters impress on international duty
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s academy youngsters had a fine night on international duty for their respective teams, writes Joshua Bunting.
Daniel Ballard kept Northern Ireland’s hopoes of making the European Under-21 Championships alive with a last-minute winner in Iceland.
The Arsenal teenager netted the only goal of the game, heading in from a corner, to set up a potentially crucial final group game at Windsor Park on Tuesday against Slovakia.
The hosts weren’t without their own threat and almost took the lead on half-time but Ballard cleared off the line, setting the stage for his own late winner.
Reiss Nelson – currently on loan at German side Hoffenheim – scored on his England Under-21 debut as they took Andorra apart 7-0 in Chesterfield.
You may also want to watch:
And Eddie Nketiah and Joe Willock continued their fine run of form as both scored in England Under-20’s 2-1 victory over Italy at AFC Fylde’s Mill Farm stadium.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis