Arsene Wenger advises Jack Wilshere: Stay at Arsenal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has given Jack Wilshere advice regarding his contract talks with the club.
The departing Gunners manager, speaking after his side’s 3-1 defeat at the hands of Claude Puel’s Leicester City at the King Power on Wednesday evening, told Wilshere to stay at the North London giants.
Despite his ten-man team again losing on the road against a vibrant Foxes side through goals from Kelechi Iheanacho, a Jamie Vardy penalty and a late Riyhad Mahrez goal with only a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang strike as consolation, Wenger not only insisted his team could challenge for next season’s Premier League title but also implored the 26-year-old Hitchin-reared midfielder to remain at the Emirates.
Speaking after the match Wenger said: “I give him only one advice: Stay at the club.
“The noises I have [heard] is that he will [stay].
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t know how close he is to signing the contract or not but the noises are positive.
“I hope that it can be concluded quickly and that he can go to the World Cup – and win the World Cup.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter