Arsene Wenger advises Jack Wilshere: Stay at Arsenal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has given Jack Wilshere advice regarding his contract talks with the club.
The departing Gunners manager, speaking after his side’s 3-1 defeat at the hands of Claude Puel’s Leicester City at the King Power on Wednesday evening, told Wilshere to stay at the North London giants.
Despite his ten-man team again losing on the road against a vibrant Foxes side through goals from Kelechi Iheanacho, a Jamie Vardy penalty and a late Riyhad Mahrez goal with only a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang strike as consolation, Wenger not only insisted his team could challenge for next season’s Premier League title but also implored the 26-year-old Hitchin-reared midfielder to remain at the Emirates.
Speaking after the match Wenger said: “I give him only one advice: Stay at the club.
“The noises I have [heard] is that he will [stay].
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t know how close he is to signing the contract or not but the noises are positive.
“I hope that it can be concluded quickly and that he can go to the World Cup – and win the World Cup.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus