Arsene Wenger after Arsenal’s Leicester City stalemate: I will spend £300 million on right player
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Wenger told frustrated Arsenal fans after the Gunners’ frustrating 0-0 draw with reigning Premier League champions Leicester City at the King Power Stadium he would ‘spend £300 million’ on the right player.
The claim followed the club’s loyal travelling supporters imploring him to ‘spend some f****** money’ at the end of the goalless stalemate this evening, as his stuttering team fired blanks.
The draw means the club has gained only one point from the first six available, following their 4-3 Emirates reverse against Liverpool on Sunday.
Speaking after the game Wenger said: “I will spend £300 million if the right player becomes available.
“I find it sad that we are not talking about Rob Holding’s performance because he did not cost £55 million.”
You may also want to watch:
Frustration is rising among Arsenal fans after the club posted large profits, as well as sitting on considerable amounts of cash reserves – yet Wenger has only bought Petr Cech and Granit Xhaka in the last two summer windows to supplement the first team.
Responding to a question referencing the disgruntled away support he added; “Fans are hugely influenced by the media.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
“I will spend if I find the right player.
“I am not against spending. We have a team working on buying, not just me. But nobody speaks about the game anymore, it is all about money.
“I thought we did well, but we are a little short still – but you should be happy. Rob Holding is a good player and he is English.”