Arsene Wenger aims jibe at former long-serving Arsenal player
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has aimed a jibe at former Gunner Paul Merson.
Speaking at the club’s training ground at London Colney, the long-serving Frenchman was asked his views on Merson returning to football.
However Wenger dismissed the question by responding immediately, saying: “I only talk about [players] in professional football.”
Merson, who hit 99 goals for the North London giants, has been outspoken in his opinion of Arsenal under Wenger over the last few years, calling for the Emirates boss to leave the club.
The West London-born wideman has signed with Welsh League Division Three team Caerau – who confirmed they have received international clearance for him to play.
You may also want to watch:
Caerau secretary Dai Hooper told Press Association Sport the 49-year-old will be available for their home match against Pontyclun on October 18.
“I have spoken to him and he is over the moon”, Hooper said.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
“Paul said he is having a little run out in a friendly game to get himself a bit of fitness and is really looking forward to it.”