Arsene Wenger aims jibe at former long-serving Arsenal player
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has aimed a jibe at former Gunner Paul Merson.
Speaking at the club’s training ground at London Colney, the long-serving Frenchman was asked his views on Merson returning to football.
However Wenger dismissed the question by responding immediately, saying: “I only talk about [players] in professional football.”
Merson, who hit 99 goals for the North London giants, has been outspoken in his opinion of Arsenal under Wenger over the last few years, calling for the Emirates boss to leave the club.
The West London-born wideman has signed with Welsh League Division Three team Caerau – who confirmed they have received international clearance for him to play.
You may also want to watch:
Caerau secretary Dai Hooper told Press Association Sport the 49-year-old will be available for their home match against Pontyclun on October 18.
“I have spoken to him and he is over the moon”, Hooper said.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
“Paul said he is having a little run out in a friendly game to get himself a bit of fitness and is really looking forward to it.”