Arsene Wenger: Fan opinion will influence decision whether I stay at Arsenal
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says fan opinion will play a part in his decision whether to remain at the club beyond this season.
His statement follows the supporter protests that saw a large number of fans march from Highbury to the Emirates before Arsenal’s 5-1 defeat by Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening.
The fans chanted anti-Wenger songs and carried banners that read: ‘No New Contract’.
Speaking this morning the long-serving Frenchman said: “It will not be the most important factor but you consider it, of course.
“I worked very hard for 20 years to make our fans happy and when you lose I understand they are not.”
You may also want to watch:
Speculation is mounting Wenger will announce soon if he is expected to take up the offer of a new contract, believed to be a two year extension.
With the club set to face giant-killers Lincoln City in the FA Cup quarter final on Saturday Wenger added: “My decision is to focus on the next game and be absolutely sure we respond well on Saturday.”
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago