Arsene Wenger: Fan opinion will influence decision whether I stay at Arsenal
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says fan opinion will play a part in his decision whether to remain at the club beyond this season.
His statement follows the supporter protests that saw a large number of fans march from Highbury to the Emirates before Arsenal’s 5-1 defeat by Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening.
The fans chanted anti-Wenger songs and carried banners that read: ‘No New Contract’.
Speaking this morning the long-serving Frenchman said: “It will not be the most important factor but you consider it, of course.
“I worked very hard for 20 years to make our fans happy and when you lose I understand they are not.”
You may also want to watch:
Speculation is mounting Wenger will announce soon if he is expected to take up the offer of a new contract, believed to be a two year extension.
With the club set to face giant-killers Lincoln City in the FA Cup quarter final on Saturday Wenger added: “My decision is to focus on the next game and be absolutely sure we respond well on Saturday.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know