Arsene Wenger on aiming for Europa League glory: I want to finish my Arsenal ‘love story’ well
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsene Wenger has been speaking about the ending of his love affair with Arsenal ahead of Thursday’s crucial Europa League semi-final second leg against Atletico Madrid in the Spanish capital. Read on for what he had to say about the club he once called ‘the love of his life’.
If Arsenal are knocked out of the Europa League by Atletico Madrid in the Spanish capital on Thursday evening Arsene Wenger will have ten days remaining as boss of the North London giants.
He will have one final home match, at the Emirates on Sunday against Sean Dyche’s Burnley before bowing out against Huddersfield Town in Yorkshire a week on Sunday.
Speaking ahead of the match at the Wanda Metropolitano against Diego Simeone’s side he looked at life after mid May.
He said: “I don’t know what I will do next season.
You may also want to watch:
“At the moment I like to finish well my job. A man has to give his best.
“I would like to walk out [tomorrow night] and think I focus only on Arsenal.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
“I want to finish this love story well.”