Arsene Wenger on aiming for Europa League glory: I want to finish my Arsenal ‘love story’ well
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsene Wenger has been speaking about the ending of his love affair with Arsenal ahead of Thursday’s crucial Europa League semi-final second leg against Atletico Madrid in the Spanish capital. Read on for what he had to say about the club he once called ‘the love of his life’.
If Arsenal are knocked out of the Europa League by Atletico Madrid in the Spanish capital on Thursday evening Arsene Wenger will have ten days remaining as boss of the North London giants.
He will have one final home match, at the Emirates on Sunday against Sean Dyche’s Burnley before bowing out against Huddersfield Town in Yorkshire a week on Sunday.
Speaking ahead of the match at the Wanda Metropolitano against Diego Simeone’s side he looked at life after mid May.
He said: “I don’t know what I will do next season.
“At the moment I like to finish well my job. A man has to give his best.
“I would like to walk out [tomorrow night] and think I focus only on Arsenal.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
“I want to finish this love story well.”