Arsene Wenger on aiming for Europa League glory: I want to finish my Arsenal ‘love story’ well
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsene Wenger has been speaking about the ending of his love affair with Arsenal ahead of Thursday’s crucial Europa League semi-final second leg against Atletico Madrid in the Spanish capital. Read on for what he had to say about the club he once called ‘the love of his life’.
If Arsenal are knocked out of the Europa League by Atletico Madrid in the Spanish capital on Thursday evening Arsene Wenger will have ten days remaining as boss of the North London giants.
He will have one final home match, at the Emirates on Sunday against Sean Dyche’s Burnley before bowing out against Huddersfield Town in Yorkshire a week on Sunday.
Speaking ahead of the match at the Wanda Metropolitano against Diego Simeone’s side he looked at life after mid May.
He said: “I don’t know what I will do next season.
You may also want to watch:
“At the moment I like to finish well my job. A man has to give his best.
“I would like to walk out [tomorrow night] and think I focus only on Arsenal.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
“I want to finish this love story well.”