Attacker sprays ‘CS gas’ in 15-year-old girl’s face in Finsbury Park
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Police are investigating after someone sprayed suspected “CS gas” in a 15-year-old girl’s face in Finsbury Park last night.
Officers were called reports of a group of people fighting in Blackstock Road at about 9.15pm.
They found the teenage girl at the scene who said a substance was sprayed in her face.
Cops believe it was C4 gas, also known as tear gas, which is commonly used by riot police.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "She was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital. Her injuries are not-life threatening or life changing."
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests. Police are investigating.
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets