Award for Market Road Pitches in Islington
- Credit: Arsenal Football Club/David Pric
Market Road Pitches in Islington has won the MyLocalPitch ‘Outstanding London Sports Venue Award’ – as voted by players.
The popular ground which hosts the two main leagues in the borough – the Islington Midweek League and Camden and Islington Youth League – was reopened in September by Arsenal’s Liam Brady after a £2.1m refurbishment.
Aleksandra Chmielewska, from Market Rd said: “The team here is thrilled to receive this award and it gives us huge satisfaction that our customers appreciate our ongoing efforts.”
Voters made their choice based on pitch quality, venue facilities and customer experience at the sporting venues they use.
Market Road Pitches has two full-size and three five-a-side 3G (artificial grass) pitches as well as an eight team changing room, a training room and spectator viewing facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Foale, Co-Founder of MyLocalPitch, a booking service for sports facilities, said: “Given the quality of experience people have at Market Road we are delighted that they are the very first recipients of this award.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'