Award for Market Road Pitches in Islington
- Credit: Arsenal Football Club/David Pric
Market Road Pitches in Islington has won the MyLocalPitch ‘Outstanding London Sports Venue Award’ – as voted by players.
The popular ground which hosts the two main leagues in the borough – the Islington Midweek League and Camden and Islington Youth League – was reopened in September by Arsenal’s Liam Brady after a £2.1m refurbishment.
Aleksandra Chmielewska, from Market Rd said: “The team here is thrilled to receive this award and it gives us huge satisfaction that our customers appreciate our ongoing efforts.”
Voters made their choice based on pitch quality, venue facilities and customer experience at the sporting venues they use.
Market Road Pitches has two full-size and three five-a-side 3G (artificial grass) pitches as well as an eight team changing room, a training room and spectator viewing facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Foale, Co-Founder of MyLocalPitch, a booking service for sports facilities, said: “Given the quality of experience people have at Market Road we are delighted that they are the very first recipients of this award.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum