Ballroom dancing academy will deploy ‘colourful repertoire of performances’ to raise cash for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A ballroom dance academy is throwing a Christmas fundraiser for Great Ormond Street Chilrden’s Hospital next month.
Live 4 Dancing is a Ballroom and Latin Dance academy, catering primarily for children, and it’s students are set to perform for a paying audience at Upper Unity Building, in Upper Street on December 15.
The show will run from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and be accompanied by wine, cake and other treats.
Maria Kyriacou, who runs the academy, said: “We will have a colourful repertoire of performances from samba to belly dancing and, of course ballroom.
“You’re going to get to see what our children learn in our school and it will be a fun way to spend a winter afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re putting everything into this because it’s for a very special cause that means so much to us.”
Last year the academy held a similar initiative to celebrate its first anniversary.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
Tickets cost £19.50 for adults and £6.50 for children, while kids from the academy go free.