Ballroom dancing academy will deploy ‘colourful repertoire of performances’ to raise cash for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A ballroom dance academy is throwing a Christmas fundraiser for Great Ormond Street Chilrden’s Hospital next month.
Live 4 Dancing is a Ballroom and Latin Dance academy, catering primarily for children, and it’s students are set to perform for a paying audience at Upper Unity Building, in Upper Street on December 15.
The show will run from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and be accompanied by wine, cake and other treats.
Maria Kyriacou, who runs the academy, said: “We will have a colourful repertoire of performances from samba to belly dancing and, of course ballroom.
“You’re going to get to see what our children learn in our school and it will be a fun way to spend a winter afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re putting everything into this because it’s for a very special cause that means so much to us.”
Last year the academy held a similar initiative to celebrate its first anniversary.
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Tickets cost £19.50 for adults and £6.50 for children, while kids from the academy go free.