Band play at Highbury light switch on
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people braved the chilly weather to see the Christmas lights switched on in Highbury Barn.
Festive revellers were treated to carols from the Highbury Barn Christmas Lights Orchestra accompanied by a choir from the nearby Joan of Arc Church.
Theresa Debono, mayor of Islington, and ward councillor Caroline Russell addressed the crowd.
Afterwards, Cllr Russell said: “There were lots of people there, and everyone joined in with the carol singing from the choir and the brass band.
“We congratulated the traders for their contribution to the lights, and I was delighted that all six councillors from Highbury East and West wards came together to provide a local initiative fund to make the decorations happen.
You may also want to watch:
“The lights looks lovely and it was a nice festive collaboration to brighten up the area before Christmas.”
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 3 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 4 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?