Battered brussels, anyone? Islington and Hackney fishmonger deep fries with seasonal twist
- Credit: Archant
People either love or loathe them, but one fish and chip shop is hoping that by battering the humble brussels sprout more people will enjoy the festive veg this Christmas.
Husband and wife Danny and Hana Sutton, of Sutton and Sons in Essex Road, Islington and Stoke Newington High Street, Stoke Newington, will be plunging the yuletide greens into the deep fat fryer for their customers.
For those with a sweet tooth, battered mince pies will also be on the menu.
Founder Mr Sutton said: “I’ve never been a huge fan of brussels sprouts, so we tried battering them for the Christmas season and they are a great way to get everyone to tuck into them.”
The quirky dishes add to the shop’s already popular battered dessert menu including Mars bars.
You may also want to watch:
Hana Sutton, founder said: “The Mrs Sutton desserts have always been popular and we are really excited to add the festive favourite of mince pies with our own Suttons twist.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire