Battered brussels, anyone? Islington and Hackney fishmonger deep fries with seasonal twist
- Credit: Archant
People either love or loathe them, but one fish and chip shop is hoping that by battering the humble brussels sprout more people will enjoy the festive veg this Christmas.
Husband and wife Danny and Hana Sutton, of Sutton and Sons in Essex Road, Islington and Stoke Newington High Street, Stoke Newington, will be plunging the yuletide greens into the deep fat fryer for their customers.
For those with a sweet tooth, battered mince pies will also be on the menu.
Founder Mr Sutton said: “I’ve never been a huge fan of brussels sprouts, so we tried battering them for the Christmas season and they are a great way to get everyone to tuck into them.”
The quirky dishes add to the shop’s already popular battered dessert menu including Mars bars.
Hana Sutton, founder said: “The Mrs Sutton desserts have always been popular and we are really excited to add the festive favourite of mince pies with our own Suttons twist.”
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 10 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election