Battered brussels, anyone? Islington and Hackney fishmonger deep fries with seasonal twist
- Credit: Archant
People either love or loathe them, but one fish and chip shop is hoping that by battering the humble brussels sprout more people will enjoy the festive veg this Christmas.
Husband and wife Danny and Hana Sutton, of Sutton and Sons in Essex Road, Islington and Stoke Newington High Street, Stoke Newington, will be plunging the yuletide greens into the deep fat fryer for their customers.
For those with a sweet tooth, battered mince pies will also be on the menu.
Founder Mr Sutton said: “I’ve never been a huge fan of brussels sprouts, so we tried battering them for the Christmas season and they are a great way to get everyone to tuck into them.”
The quirky dishes add to the shop’s already popular battered dessert menu including Mars bars.
You may also want to watch:
Hana Sutton, founder said: “The Mrs Sutton desserts have always been popular and we are really excited to add the festive favourite of mince pies with our own Suttons twist.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden