Gallery for emerging artists opens in Islington
- Credit: BBNR
An art gallery has opened in Islington to provide emerging talent with opportunities to exhibit their work.
The Bobinska Brownlee New River (BBNR) Gallery, based in Canonbury, is the passion project of industry veteran Monika Bobinska and partner Barbara Brownlee.
They’re providing emerging artists with a space to get inventive and Monika's plan is for BBNR to feature a rotating selection of up-and-coming artists.
“In the programme, we want to have quite a lot of changes of gear," she said. "Ideally, you’ll come in and it’ll be within the same sort of ethos but it’ll be unpredictable.
"It’s not going to be exactly the same sort of set-up you saw last time.”
You may also want to watch:
Painter and sculptor Rae Hicks is installed at the gallery until April 18.
Later in the year, the pair plan to feature Louise Ashcroft, a female performance artist whose show will be video-based.
People are currently being asked to schedule a visiting time after April 12 on email@example.com, when they will be given details.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern