Gallery for emerging artists opens in Islington
- Credit: BBNR
An art gallery has opened in Islington to provide emerging talent with opportunities to exhibit their work.
The Bobinska Brownlee New River (BBNR) Gallery, based in Canonbury, is the passion project of industry veteran Monika Bobinska and partner Barbara Brownlee.
They’re providing emerging artists with a space to get inventive and Monika's plan is for BBNR to feature a rotating selection of up-and-coming artists.
“In the programme, we want to have quite a lot of changes of gear," she said. "Ideally, you’ll come in and it’ll be within the same sort of ethos but it’ll be unpredictable.
"It’s not going to be exactly the same sort of set-up you saw last time.”
You may also want to watch:
Painter and sculptor Rae Hicks is installed at the gallery until April 18.
Later in the year, the pair plan to feature Louise Ashcroft, a female performance artist whose show will be video-based.
People are currently being asked to schedule a visiting time after April 12 on firstname.lastname@example.org, when they will be given details.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault