Bedroom bin to blame for blaze in Islington flat fire

A fire in Junction Road, Tufnell Park, was caused by a bin that caught alight

A fire in Junction Road, Tufnell Park, was caused by a bin that caught alight - Credit: Google

A bedroom bin which caught alight is to blame for a fire in a block of flats last night - January 10.

Firefighters were called to the property in Junction Road in Tufnell Park at 8.12pm last night, and had the fire under control within half an hour. 

Thankfully, no one was injured.

One fire engine from Kentish town Fire Station attended the scene.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter