Ben: Memorial concert planned
FOUR pop stars have pledged their support in a campaign to hold a concert in Ben Kinsella s memory.
FOUR pop stars have pledged their support in a campaign to hold a concert in Ben Kinsella's memory.
Their identities have not yet been revealed but they have been described as "major English music artists".
John Lambert, 40, a logistics manager who lives off Barnsbury Road, Barnsbury - whose partner is the cousin of the killed 16-year-old, is trying to organise a concert at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.
Ben, the brother of ex-EastEnder Brooke Kinsella, was a keen Arsenal fan - and had himself played at the Ashburton Grove, Holloway, pitch in a schools' championship last year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lambert, who has started a Facebook group to help organise the concert, said: "We are trying to make sure that Ben's name lives on and that this never, ever happens again.
"I want his name to be synonymous with safer streets and a change in the law - a mandatory 10 years for carrying a knife.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
"I am trying to kick-start this by having a concert at the Emirates. We are also looking at Barnard Park, Finsbury Park and Highbury Fields.
"Arsenal are willing to help and at least four mainstream pop artists have come forward also offering help.
"If we can fill Hyde Park for Nelson Mandela then we should be able to fill it for a 16-year-old kid.