Ben: Memorial concert planned
FOUR pop stars have pledged their support in a campaign to hold a concert in Ben Kinsella s memory.
FOUR pop stars have pledged their support in a campaign to hold a concert in Ben Kinsella's memory.
Their identities have not yet been revealed but they have been described as "major English music artists".
John Lambert, 40, a logistics manager who lives off Barnsbury Road, Barnsbury - whose partner is the cousin of the killed 16-year-old, is trying to organise a concert at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.
Ben, the brother of ex-EastEnder Brooke Kinsella, was a keen Arsenal fan - and had himself played at the Ashburton Grove, Holloway, pitch in a schools' championship last year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lambert, who has started a Facebook group to help organise the concert, said: "We are trying to make sure that Ben's name lives on and that this never, ever happens again.
"I want his name to be synonymous with safer streets and a change in the law - a mandatory 10 years for carrying a knife.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
"I am trying to kick-start this by having a concert at the Emirates. We are also looking at Barnard Park, Finsbury Park and Highbury Fields.
"Arsenal are willing to help and at least four mainstream pop artists have come forward also offering help.
"If we can fill Hyde Park for Nelson Mandela then we should be able to fill it for a 16-year-old kid.