Best Bets: Arsenal v Stoke City, Premier League
Potters don’t get many results in north London, but are they good for a draw this time?
Stoke City may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but they’ve built a reputation as a no-nonsense side capable of upsetting the very best.
Gunners fans will recall that these Potteries party poopers posted a 3-1 win over Arsenal at the Britannia last term, so ending a run of four straight successes in this fixture for Arsene Wenger’s men, though Ladbrokes are confident that they’ll return to winning ways on Sunday, pricing them at 1/2 to secure three points.
Despite cruising past Fulham last weekend, Partybets offer the visitors at 13/2 to win as Sportingbet chalk 10/3 about the draw. Prudent punters might be inclined to take advantage of such attractive odds as Stoke will be no pushover.
It’s also worth noting that since the Potters returned to the top flight in 2008, their six league matches against Arsenal have yielded 19 goals. There were also an additional four in the 2010 FA Cup tie involving the duo. These statistics suggest that Coral’s 8/11 for Sunday’s encounter to produce more than 2.5 goals should not be discounted. Furthermore, as the pair have each scored in four of their last six meetings, bet365’s 4/5 for them to maintain that record on Sunday looks decent value.
In other markets, Victor Chandler considers Arsenal a 2/5 shot to open the scoring, with Blue Square quoting 13/5 about them securing a one goal margin of victory; Boylesports have 6/4 on offer in favour of the Gunners winning without conceding a goal.
Arsenal may have spent part of the week in the south of France on Champions League duty, but if they’re even slightly below par this weekend, Stoke, who were also in European action on Thursday, are capable of punishing them. Accordingly, William Hill’s 6/1 for the Gunners to register a 1-0 victory has proved popular with punters, as has Sportingbet’s 7/1 for them to win 2-1.
- 1 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 2 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 7 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 8 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 9 Angel station closures on one in five days due to staff shortages
- 10 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
OFFER OF THE WEEK: Open an account with Stan James and claim up to �150 in free bets with their five-stage bet basket promo