6 of the best burger joints in Islington
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A bun stuffed with a juicy patty laden with cheese and dripping with sauce, served with hot salty fries - anytime is a good time for a burger. Here’s where to find the very best in Islington.
Boojee, hefty burgers made from British beef and serving local craft beers. All burgers come with the moreish rosemary seasoned chips and vegetarians and vegans have a few options to choose from.
The Posh Burger Company
Serving not-your-average burgers, you can either build your own, or chose from more than 15 off the menu, including burgers made with duck, lamb, halloumi or salmon.
You may also want to watch:
Four Legs at the Compton Arms
The two chefs running the kitchen at the Compton Arms serve up deluxe juicy burgers among other dishes. The menu changes frequently, however the cheeseburger is a mainstay.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
Housed in an old Citroen garage with jager garden and a mezzanine dining area. Beef, chicken and vegetarian burgers aplenty, as well as indulgent sides (deep-fried mac’n’cheese anybody?).
Lucky Chip at the Old Queen’s Head
A celebrity studded menu inviting people to feast on a Kevin Bacon, Steve Martin and a Halle Berry for dessert.
The Drafthouse, Farringdon
55 Charterhouse St, Farringdon, EC1M 6PR
A pub that does a bottomless brunch on the weekend, the menu offers food designed to soak up booze, and the burgers are half price on Mondays.