6 of the best burger joints in Islington
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A bun stuffed with a juicy patty laden with cheese and dripping with sauce, served with hot salty fries - anytime is a good time for a burger. Here’s where to find the very best in Islington.
Boojee, hefty burgers made from British beef and serving local craft beers. All burgers come with the moreish rosemary seasoned chips and vegetarians and vegans have a few options to choose from.
The Posh Burger Company
Serving not-your-average burgers, you can either build your own, or chose from more than 15 off the menu, including burgers made with duck, lamb, halloumi or salmon.
You may also want to watch:
Four Legs at the Compton Arms
The two chefs running the kitchen at the Compton Arms serve up deluxe juicy burgers among other dishes. The menu changes frequently, however the cheeseburger is a mainstay.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
Housed in an old Citroen garage with jager garden and a mezzanine dining area. Beef, chicken and vegetarian burgers aplenty, as well as indulgent sides (deep-fried mac’n’cheese anybody?).
Lucky Chip at the Old Queen’s Head
A celebrity studded menu inviting people to feast on a Kevin Bacon, Steve Martin and a Halle Berry for dessert.
The Drafthouse, Farringdon
55 Charterhouse St, Farringdon, EC1M 6PR
A pub that does a bottomless brunch on the weekend, the menu offers food designed to soak up booze, and the burgers are half price on Mondays.