Beyonce songwriter to play Islington
A singer-songwriter who has penned hits for the likes of Beyonce, Mark Ronson and John Legend is to perform in Islington.
Scott McFarnon, who has also written songs for Beverley Knight and been nominated for a Grammy and a Golden Globe, will play the 02 Academy Islington on March 10.
The 32-year-old has spent his career behind the scenes, but is now heading to centre stage with a new catalogue showcasing his songs for his falsetto voice.
Nick Godwyn, who signed Amy Winehouse, said: “You can wait a generation to hear a voice that is so pure and of such sheer brilliance, but Scott has that voice.”
Mr McFarnon chose to embark on his career without backing from a record company.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I am following my dream. I think everyone should be the person they want to be and that is what I’m trying to do.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother