Beyonce songwriter to play Islington
A singer-songwriter who has penned hits for the likes of Beyonce, Mark Ronson and John Legend is to perform in Islington.
Scott McFarnon, who has also written songs for Beverley Knight and been nominated for a Grammy and a Golden Globe, will play the 02 Academy Islington on March 10.
The 32-year-old has spent his career behind the scenes, but is now heading to centre stage with a new catalogue showcasing his songs for his falsetto voice.
Nick Godwyn, who signed Amy Winehouse, said: “You can wait a generation to hear a voice that is so pure and of such sheer brilliance, but Scott has that voice.”
Mr McFarnon chose to embark on his career without backing from a record company.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I am following my dream. I think everyone should be the person they want to be and that is what I’m trying to do.”
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting