Big Jewish Summer Fete returns to Highbury Fields for second year
- Credit: Archant
A community summer fete will return again this year after being given more than £9,000 by the Big Lottery Fund.
Chabad Islington’s Big Jewish Summer Fete is billed as a “joyful celebration of Jewish culture for the whole Islington community.”
Last year’s first installment saw more than 1,000 people turn out, and Chabad is hoping for more this time around.
Guests will be able to explore Jewish culture with a series of talks, take part in workshops on Judaism and enjoy kosher ice cream and bagels.
Speaking at last year’s event council leader Richard Watts said: “Events of Chabad Islington play an important role in bringing together our community and educating people about Judaism.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful for your hard work in leading the thriving Jewish community and fortifying our reputation of being a welcoming and inclusive borough.”
The event is free and takes place on June 10 at Highbury Fields .
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'