Birds of a Feather star Linda Robson opens spray tan salon in Islington with daughters
- Credit: Archant
Actress Linda Robson has joined forces with her daughters to open a spray tan salon after becoming hooked on a product while in Australia filming a reality TV show.
The Birds of a Feather star, who has lived in Islington all her life, has launched the Loving Tan shop in Finsbury, with daughters Lauren Killingback, 30, and Bobbie Dunford, 17, who have taken over the running of the business.
The salon in Chadwell Street, which was formerly used by Linda’s husband Mark Dunford as a cafe and then an art gallery, is the first in the country to start using the Loving Tan product, which Ms Robson discovered ahead of going into I’m a Celebrity...Get Me out of Here!
Ms Robson, 55, who has a regular slot on daytime chat show Loose Women, said: “I put it on before I went into the jungle and when I came home I looked up the website but couldn’t get it here, and it was really expensive to get it shipped over.
So when my husband’s shop became free, we thought we’d try and open the salon. We asked to use the product and we’re now the first place outside of Australia using it.”
She added that she was “extremely proud” of her daughters in their efforts to get the business off the ground and the success it’s already having since opening just before Christmas.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 7 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 8 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend