Bob Dylan to headline Finsbury Park music festival
ROCK legend Bob Dylan will headline a celebratory concert in Finsbury Park marking 21 years of a popular Irish festival.
The rest of the acts for London Feis 2011, a rebranding of the former Fleadh Festival, are yet to be officially announced, but it is understood that music promoter Vince Power will book only favourite bands from previous years of the Gaelic festival – 14 of which have been held in Finsbury Park.
The gig, on Saturday, June 18, will be a return to Finsbury Park for the Blowin’ In The Wind singer. Dylan has already headlined the Fleadh in 2004 in the park and a gig with Van Morrison in 1993.
He has also played at several other concerts organised by Vince Power, the former head of promotion giant Mean Fiddler, including several stints at the Hop Farm Festival in Kent.
Mr Power said: “I’ve worked with Bob many times before and am delighted to have him back once again.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival is set to host big name artists from the world of rock, folk and pop, as well as showcase some burgeoning Irish talent, across three stages in the park.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'