Boy, 15, injured after moped crashes into lorry in Balls Pond Road
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy is in hospital after the moped he was driving collided with a lorry in Balls Pond Road yesterday.
Medics called the police at about 2.40pm to reports of a crash near St Paul’s Road.
The driver of the moped, which was “either lost of stolen”, was taken to an east London hospital, where he remains with non life-threatening injuries.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “The pillion passenger [riding on the back of the moped], made-off on foot prior to police arrival.”
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of allowing himself to be carried on a motor vehicle taken without the owner’s consent.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London police station and released under investigation.
Police investigations continue.
- 1 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 2 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 3 Islington Council pauses plans to chop down 70-year-old mulberry tree
- 4 Islington mental health charity Clubhouse gets £225,000 funding boost
- 5 Richard Watts to stand down as leader of Islington Council
- 6 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 7 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 8 Meet Islington Boxing Club's new coaches
- 9 The Mall: Mystery surrounds incoming Upper Street supermarket identity
- 10 MP broke rules with late declaration of Islington payments, report finds