Boy, 15, injured after moped crashes into lorry in Balls Pond Road
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy is in hospital after the moped he was driving collided with a lorry in Balls Pond Road yesterday.
Medics called the police at about 2.40pm to reports of a crash near St Paul’s Road.
The driver of the moped, which was “either lost of stolen”, was taken to an east London hospital, where he remains with non life-threatening injuries.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “The pillion passenger [riding on the back of the moped], made-off on foot prior to police arrival.”
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of allowing himself to be carried on a motor vehicle taken without the owner’s consent.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London police station and released under investigation.
Police investigations continue.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'