Boy, 15, injured after moped crashes into lorry in Balls Pond Road
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy is in hospital after the moped he was driving collided with a lorry in Balls Pond Road yesterday.
Medics called the police at about 2.40pm to reports of a crash near St Paul’s Road.
The driver of the moped, which was “either lost of stolen”, was taken to an east London hospital, where he remains with non life-threatening injuries.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “The pillion passenger [riding on the back of the moped], made-off on foot prior to police arrival.”
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of allowing himself to be carried on a motor vehicle taken without the owner’s consent.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London police station and released under investigation.
Police investigations continue.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes