Boy, 8, suffers neck and head injuries in Camden Road crash
A BOY suffered head and neck injuries after a horror collision with a car in Holloway this morning.
The incident occurred on the busy four-way junction of Camden Road and York Way at 9am when an eight-year-old boy was struck by an Audi.
His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening and he is now in a stable condition in St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
Eyewitness Trevor Mingail is a manager for Quadrillion Construction which is building 12 flats on the corner of Brecknock Road and Camden Road.
He said: “I was standing on the scaffolding and heard someone slam on the brakes and then saw a boy go flying through the air. The boy was moving but he was in quite a bad way. There was blood everywhere. He was sent flying about 30 foot in the air. I rushed downstairs and one of the guys had called the ambulance. It all happened so quickly. I just hope the boy is okay.”
You may also want to watch:
Several people near the accident scene – which is yards from The Unicorn pub – suggested the boy may have been riding a bike.
Police closed the road until just before midday.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
The Audi driver was uninjured and stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made in relation to the incident.
London Ambulance Service sent one ambulance, a single responder and an air ambulance doctor who arrived at a nearby field by helicopter and then provided first aid to the boy on route to the hospital.
There are four primaries school – Tufnell Park, Brecknock, Torriano and Hungerford - near to where the boy was injured, but it has not been confirmed which school he attended.
A police spokesman said: “An eight-year-old child was involved in a collision with a black Audi TT and sustained head and leg injuries. He was taken to hospital, where his injuries have been confirmed as non life threatening or changing.”