BrewDog has another go at cracking Essex Road with opening of new bar
- Credit: Archant
Craft beer giant BrewDog is opening a new bar in Essex Road tomorrow.
It comes after the apparent failure of the company’s previous restaurants on the same site: Dog Eat Dog and Punk Kitchen.
The bar has the capacity to hold 100 people, with 14 beer taps.
Punters will also be able to brew their own beer, with the bar containing four 20-litre homebrew kits.
BrewDog received licensing permission from Islington Council earlier this year, despite neighbours’ concerns about drunk revellers.
You may also want to watch:
It adds to the lively bar scene at the Angel end of Essex Road, with other joints such as The Winchester, Wenlock and Essex and The Old Queen’s Head in close proximity.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt said: “Collaborating and connecting with like-minded people is what fuels us, so we’re thrilled to be able to welcome more zeal, brilliance and love for craft beer into the fold with the awesome homebrew kits in our ninth London bar.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn