‘London’s best kept fashion secret’: Unique Fonthill Road fashion promoted in new campaign
- Credit: Archant
Step aside Oxford Street – Fonthill Road traders showcased their “unique fashion” offerings at the Holloway Road Resource Centre last Wednesday.
The Fashion Village Lookbook was launched at the event to highlights the "fantastic" array of clothing - from bridal gear to suites - that can be purchased in the Finsbury Park shopping hub, which is billed as "London's best kept fashion secret".
The lookbook was commissioned by Islington Council, and put together by graduates and models from the community.
Islington's business chief Cllr Asima Shaikh told the Gazette: "It was a brilliant celebration of our unique fashion businesses and a fantastic effort by the Fonthill Road Traders Association in partnership with Islington Council.
"We have created a lookbook to showcase some of the fashion on Fonthill Road and we're celebrating it with a marketing campaign."
You may also want to watch:
Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn also attended the event. He later tweeted: "This is great. Well done [Islington Council] and Fonthill ROad traders for putting together this showcase of the clothes available at the fashion village."
You can view the lookbook here.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller