‘London’s best kept fashion secret’: Unique Fonthill Road fashion promoted in new campaign
- Credit: Archant
Step aside Oxford Street – Fonthill Road traders showcased their “unique fashion” offerings at the Holloway Road Resource Centre last Wednesday.
The Fashion Village Lookbook was launched at the event to highlights the "fantastic" array of clothing - from bridal gear to suites - that can be purchased in the Finsbury Park shopping hub, which is billed as "London's best kept fashion secret".
The lookbook was commissioned by Islington Council, and put together by graduates and models from the community.
Islington's business chief Cllr Asima Shaikh told the Gazette: "It was a brilliant celebration of our unique fashion businesses and a fantastic effort by the Fonthill Road Traders Association in partnership with Islington Council.
"We have created a lookbook to showcase some of the fashion on Fonthill Road and we're celebrating it with a marketing campaign."
You may also want to watch:
Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn also attended the event. He later tweeted: "This is great. Well done [Islington Council] and Fonthill ROad traders for putting together this showcase of the clothes available at the fashion village."
You can view the lookbook here.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown