Bruce Springsteen favourite coming to Highbury
BLUES brothers and sisters will take over a Highbury rock venue this weekend.
The Garage, in Highbury Corner, will reverberate with the sound of the American Deep South on Saturday night (March 19), as artists such as Bruce Springsteen favourite Pete Molinari, one-man blues band Son of Dave and all-girl three part harmony group The Langley Sisters take to the stage.
Headliner Pete Molinari is a country and blues artist who honed his sound in New York’s Greenwich Village – but who hails from Kent.
He was recently given the thumbs up by none other than The Boss, who said: “If you don’t know anything about him, he’s great.”
The night, billed as The Blues Kitchen’s Big Night Out, is hosted by Camden Town bar The Blues Kitchen – which opened in 2009 claims to have helped spur a surge in the genre’s popularity.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature more than a dozen performers and is aimed at die-hard fans and blues beginners alike.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules