'Welcome home': Inside Upper Street's newest social hangout
- Credit: André Langlois
Two weeks in and the summer, music and the football has seen Upper Street's latest venue welcoming crowds of customers.
Bubba Oasis is at 57-58 Upper Street – formerly Vivo, until it closed in 2019 – and boasts a rooftop terrace and pavement seating.
Manager Davide Verdoscia said: "The concept is 'home away from home'. We open from 9am until midnight. You can enjoy a coffee, have a meeting, work in the morning. Then at about 3/4pm the cocktail bar is going to open at the back.
"So it turns into a cocktail bar in the evening, and we are planning to have different events every day. There's going to be live music from Sunday to Wednesday, and then Thursday, Friday, Saturday we have different DJs here playing."
Plans are being made to record podcasts about the DJs and acts.
You may also want to watch:
Davide said the first couple of weeks open have been great.
"You wouldn't expect that but especially the weekends we got very busy. People love it," he said.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
"We've got good food. We've got our amazing flatbread made in a tandoori oven over there. Everything is made on site – dressing is made on site, all the ingredients freshly made."