Burnley v Arsenal: Your best bets
- Credit: Archant
The Gunners head to Turf Moor to face Burnley on Sunday, a fixture they won 1-0 when the pair last met in a league contest in April 2015.
The Clarets have found the Premier League going tough since being promoted, although, as the match stats team at bettingexpert.com report, after their opening half dozen matches in 2014-15 (when they last graced the top flight), Burnley had accumulated three points.
Following Monday night’s comfortable 2-0 win over Watford, they have seven.
It follows, then, that Sunday’s encounter promises to be another close contest, a conclusion which enhances the appeal of Unibet’s massive 4/1 posted against the draw.
However, it’s no surprise to see Arsenal kick off as Skybet’s 2/5 favourites yet, while Burnley open as Paddy Power’s 17/2 underdogs, the belief that the duel will be tight is strengthened by an examination of the correct score market where the most well-backed outcome is a 1-0 away win, priced at 6/1 by bet365.
In-form Alexis Sanchez is 13/10 (188bet) to find the net at any time, while Burnley’s Sam Vokes is 10/3 (Bwin) in the same market.
You may also want to watch:
Punters expecting a closer encounter than most bookies anticipate may fancy running the rule over William Hill’s 7/5 for the opening 45 minutes to end all square. Alternatively, Winner.com post an attractive-looking 2/1 about the teams disappearing for their half-time refreshment with the score goalless.
It seems likely that the opening strike could prove decisive and Arsenal are Betway’s 2/7 favourites to score it (Burnley are 3/1).
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
Of course, Arsenal could break loose as they did against Chelsea and score a hatful, but punters anticipating a low-scoring affair may fancy the look of Matchbook’s 6/5 for the duel to yield fewer than 2.5 goals, while Marathonbet post 13/5 against the Gunners enjoying a one-goal margin of victory.
Odds supplied by www.smartbets.com, the customisable odds comparison site.