Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- Credit: Aldi
Aldi has announced it will open a new ‘Local’ supermarket in Dalston next month at the Kingsland Shopping Centre.
Gemma Gibbons, who won judo silver for Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics, will cut the ribbon before the shop opens at 8am on Thursday, October 14.
The Dalston branch will be the 49th the low cost German brand has opened in the capital, with 43 jobs created.
Manager Matthew Rawlins said: “We can’t wait to open the doors to the new store in Dalston. It’s set to be a special day and having Olympic hero Gemma Gibbons join us will make it a morning to remember.”
The Aldi Local shop will offer their ‘specially selected’ range with exclusive offers, while there is also a premium range of alcoholic drinks and a ‘food to go’ section.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma Gibbons is set to appear in recognition of Aldi sponsoring the British Olympic team.
She added: “I’m so excited to be opening Aldi’s new Dalston store, it will be great to chat to customers and a lovely way for me to thank Aldi for its support of Team GB.”
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn joins hundreds in rallying against 'inhumane' refugee bill
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 How much do you know about Islington?
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
- 10 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
In addition, Aldi is calling on local charities and food banks in Dalston to register with Neighbourly, a community engagement platform that links businesses to charitable organisations in the local community.
Local charities that register will be able to collect surplus food and perishable products, such as fruit, vegetables and baked goods, up to seven days a week.
Any charities in the area that would like to partner up with the new Aldi Local store should email email@example.com
Read more: Aldi store opens in Dalston