Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- Credit: Aldi
Aldi has announced it will open a new ‘Local’ supermarket in Dalston next month at the Kingsland Shopping Centre.
Gemma Gibbons, who won judo silver for Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics, will cut the ribbon before the shop opens at 8am on Thursday, October 14.
The Dalston branch will be the 49th the low cost German brand has opened in the capital, with 43 jobs created.
Manager Matthew Rawlins said: “We can’t wait to open the doors to the new store in Dalston. It’s set to be a special day and having Olympic hero Gemma Gibbons join us will make it a morning to remember.”
The Aldi Local shop will offer their ‘specially selected’ range with exclusive offers, while there is also a premium range of alcoholic drinks and a ‘food to go’ section.
Gemma Gibbons is set to appear in recognition of Aldi sponsoring the British Olympic team.
She added: “I’m so excited to be opening Aldi’s new Dalston store, it will be great to chat to customers and a lovely way for me to thank Aldi for its support of Team GB.”
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 3 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 4 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 5 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 6 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 7 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 8 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
In addition, Aldi is calling on local charities and food banks in Dalston to register with Neighbourly, a community engagement platform that links businesses to charitable organisations in the local community.
Local charities that register will be able to collect surplus food and perishable products, such as fruit, vegetables and baked goods, up to seven days a week.
Any charities in the area that would like to partner up with the new Aldi Local store should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more: Aldi store opens in Dalston