Business: City and Islington college gives students concrete experience
- Credit: Archant
A new initiative aiming to give young people a start in the world of business was on show at City and Islington college on Thursday.
The brainchild of brand developer Sophia White, the In Project gave students real-life experience of working in the creative industry, by pairing them with companies looking for designers.
The scheme’s pilot was trialled at the Camden Road college over the past ten weeks and saw six students design the logo and website for audio business Global Soundbhub.
“It’s a great scheme, because it gives them [the students] the opportunity to do something concrete for their CV,” said Bradley Howard, owner of Global Soundhub.
And this was a point echoed by the business centre’s director Stephen Davies, who said the project was “about having work and experience at the centre of everything we do.”
You may also want to watch:
The website was unveiled during a presentation at the college, with its stylish design impressing many at the event.
And 21-year-old student Ryan Clark says he’s taken a lot of valuable skills from the experience.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 5 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 8 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
“Before this, everything I did was on my own, off my own initiative,” he said.
“But teaming up with people I didn’t really know before has showed me the value of working with others and interacting with real businesses.”
To view the website the students created, visit globalsoundhub.com/