Business Design Centre to give �50,000 to one lucky charity
CHARITIES are being given the chance to grab �50,000 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of an Islington landmark.
The Business Design Centre in Upper Street, Islington, will be giving the money to the Morris Charitable Trust for them to award it to a lucky local project.
The Trust is looking for a project which benefits the community and that requires one-off funding rather than contributing to day-to-day running costs.
Jack Morris, chairman of The Morris Charitable Trust, said: “We are delighted to be announcing this special fund, particularly at a time when the voluntary and charitable sectors within Islington are facing such challenging economic circumstances.”
Applications will be taken over the next few months and the Trusts hopes to announce the project which has been given the funding in by the end of the year. A number of Morris family-owned businesses, including the Business Design Centre contribute a proportion of their profits to the Trust, which has donated over �1.5million since1989.
You may also want to watch:
The centre opened in 1986 in the former Royal Agricultural Hall building – nicknamed The Aggie – was rescued from demolition by local entrepreneur, Jack’s father, Sam Morris.
Jack is Sam’s youngest son and is current chairman of both the Business Design Centre and the Trust, while all five brothers are principal shareholders.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 8 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
The donation from the Business Design Centre will be on top of the share of their profits they regularly give to the Trust.
Charities wishing to apply for the grant can visit www.morrischaritabletrust.com and comple the application form.