Business of the week: Acoustic, Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant in Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile and champion a fascinating shop or company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visited Newington Green’s Acoustic: Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant.
There was only one thing for Jeremy Corbyn and his wife, Laura, to do on general election night last year. Have a meal at Acoustic in Newington Green.
The Mediterranean joint has been on the Green for eight years. And its local MP can’t get enough of it. He said: “We can’t start a Labour Party canvassing session in Mildmay without going to Acoustic first. Sometimes... we stay in Acoustic!”
It’s run by Sefika Erdal and Adil Kolcak. The food, in their words, is a mix of “healthy and hearty”. And they guaranteed positive coverage in the Gazette by providing the best hummus its reporter has ever tasted.
Acoustic continues to thrive. On Friday, it opened a second shop in nearby Stoke Newington Church Street – with Mr Corbyn taking the time to attend and cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
Adil said: “We know in our Newington Green restaurant that customers come from Stoke Newington, so we thought it was a good idea to open there as well.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets