Business of the week: Anna McCracken’s Islington dog walking venture
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we speak to It’s A Dog’s Life founder Anna McCracken, who is making a living out of her love for dogs.
Anna McCracken arguably has the best job in the world.
She makes her living solely by walking dogs around Islington.
Anna, of Barnsbury, founded It’s A Dog’s Life three years ago and the business is so successful that she now has between 15 and 25 clients a day. She even employs a full-time colleague to share the load.
She said: “Basically, it started when my partner bought me a pug three years ago. I had always been a crazy dog lady and opening a dog walking business was something I always thought about. Once I got my own dog, I just went for it.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t even have to do that much work to promote it. It grew through word of mouth, being out and about with the dogs. It’s particularly popular with young professionals – there’s a big demand for dog walkers in Islington.
“You learn so much from dogs, it’s amazing. I love walking with them and watching them grow and change over time.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park