Business of the week: Anna McCracken’s Islington dog walking venture
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we speak to It’s A Dog’s Life founder Anna McCracken, who is making a living out of her love for dogs.
Anna McCracken arguably has the best job in the world.
She makes her living solely by walking dogs around Islington.
Anna, of Barnsbury, founded It’s A Dog’s Life three years ago and the business is so successful that she now has between 15 and 25 clients a day. She even employs a full-time colleague to share the load.
She said: “Basically, it started when my partner bought me a pug three years ago. I had always been a crazy dog lady and opening a dog walking business was something I always thought about. Once I got my own dog, I just went for it.
“I didn’t even have to do that much work to promote it. It grew through word of mouth, being out and about with the dogs. It’s particularly popular with young professionals – there’s a big demand for dog walkers in Islington.
“You learn so much from dogs, it’s amazing. I love walking with them and watching them grow and change over time.”
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op