Business of the week: Anna McCracken’s Islington dog walking venture
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we speak to It’s A Dog’s Life founder Anna McCracken, who is making a living out of her love for dogs.
Anna McCracken arguably has the best job in the world.
She makes her living solely by walking dogs around Islington.
Anna, of Barnsbury, founded It’s A Dog’s Life three years ago and the business is so successful that she now has between 15 and 25 clients a day. She even employs a full-time colleague to share the load.
She said: “Basically, it started when my partner bought me a pug three years ago. I had always been a crazy dog lady and opening a dog walking business was something I always thought about. Once I got my own dog, I just went for it.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t even have to do that much work to promote it. It grew through word of mouth, being out and about with the dogs. It’s particularly popular with young professionals – there’s a big demand for dog walkers in Islington.
“You learn so much from dogs, it’s amazing. I love walking with them and watching them grow and change over time.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?