Business of the week: Anna McCracken’s Islington dog walking venture
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we speak to It’s A Dog’s Life founder Anna McCracken, who is making a living out of her love for dogs.
Anna McCracken arguably has the best job in the world.
She makes her living solely by walking dogs around Islington.
Anna, of Barnsbury, founded It’s A Dog’s Life three years ago and the business is so successful that she now has between 15 and 25 clients a day. She even employs a full-time colleague to share the load.
She said: “Basically, it started when my partner bought me a pug three years ago. I had always been a crazy dog lady and opening a dog walking business was something I always thought about. Once I got my own dog, I just went for it.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t even have to do that much work to promote it. It grew through word of mouth, being out and about with the dogs. It’s particularly popular with young professionals – there’s a big demand for dog walkers in Islington.
“You learn so much from dogs, it’s amazing. I love walking with them and watching them grow and change over time.”
- 1 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 5 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 6 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 7 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants